Albert Walker Grundy and Mary Mather
Albert Walker Grundy b 1850 d 1898 Prestwich amd Mary Mather b 1848 Prestwich d circa 1930 had 8 children:
- Margaret: b 1876 d 1811 (poss from TB); did not marry
- Charles: b 1879 Prestwich d 1915 Ypres.
- Samuel Percy: b 1882 Prestwich d 1942: 1891 boarder at Rivington then Shrewsbury schools. He was a Brackenbury Scholar to Balliol College Oxford and got a 1st in Natural Sciences in 1901. In 1902 he was a barrister and social worker. Awarded OBE in 1918. He married Sarah Eleanor Greg on Bucklow, Cheshire in 1909 by whom he had two children, Margaret Elizabeth (1913 - 1980) and Martin Henry (1916 - 2003) a solicitor and social worker.
- Francis 'Fran': b 1882 Prestwich d 1953 Prestwich. 1891 boarder at Rivington School, Chorley. 1901 apprentice to Manchester merchant and living at East Lodge, Prestwich. He married Dorothy Thompson in July 1909 in Blackburn. He was commissioned into the Manchester Regiment 1915. In 1918 he was a cotton manufacturer. He set up Woodhouse Hambly cotton business in UK and Australia. He was High Sheriff of the County Palatine of Lancaster. He had no children. He left an estate of £124,846.
- Wilfred 'Wilf' Walker: b 1884 Prestwich d 1936. In 1901 he attended Repton school and then King's College, Cambridge. He was Professor of Latin at Cardiff University from 1926. He married Dilys Meinwen Jones in 1915. She died in 1918 and he married Jane Hilda Jones in 1922.
- Arthue Mather: b 1886 Prestwich d 1940. 1901 Repton School then Hertford College, Oxford. He was a maths lecturer at Lampeter 1911-1913. He was 'a crusty old batchelor' until 1939 when he volunteered for the ARP, met a young woman, Mary Eva Patricia Piers, and married her in 1939. They had one son.
- James: b 1889 Prestwich d 1957. Boarded at The Grammer School, Rivington then at Repton School. He studied history at Hertford College Oxford. Assist. master at Gresham School, Holt, Norfolk in 1912 and then at Repton 1914-1946. Commissioned into Leicester Regiment Jan 1916 then Royal Field Artillery Oct 1916. He married Katherine 'Kitty' Lucy Cannon in 1906; she became a governor at Repton C E School. They had two children, Helen Beatrice (1917 - 2007) and Alan Peter James b 1920 who was killed in 1941 while in action with the RAF over Cologne.
- Albert Geoffrey: b 1892 Prestwich d 1949. Served in the Welsh Regiment 1914 - 18. Assistant master at Repton 1918 - 1947. Married Margaret Agnes Heather Morgan 1918. They had two children: Geoffrey Lewis (1919 - 2000) and Anne (1922 - 1995), an ambulance driver in 1941-45.